Monday, February 28, 2011

Sea beets/spinach Feta bake

Sea beet/spinach feta bake.
Spring was in the air, and the sun showed up . I called a friend to  go for a walk  on the beach.As we walked she showed me this plant  Sea spinach,its sweet and salty taste inspired me to use it for a non pastry dish.I feel I'm always doing pastry dishes . Be carefull to wash as its found at the areas of a beach where dog owners like to walk.

If you are using sea spinach make shure to remove as much of the stalk as possible as this is tough and bitter.Its best to go for the juicy medium-sized leaves .
Ingredients
  • 15 oz of spinach
  • 1 pack cottage cheese
  • 1 pack of feta cheese
  • 2 oz  shredded parmesan cheese
  • small onion
  • shredded carrot
  • 1 egg
  • 4 oz of breadcrumbs
  • 2 cloves of  garlic
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano


Crumple your feta into a bowl, then add all your other ingredients except for the egg mix well , add your egg and season. I found it beet to bake in a tin that you can remove from round the bake,Grees your tin with oil or butter .I covered my baking tin .But it's that easy place in the over for about 30 minutes  at 350 degrees .
It's a very easy dish but having the right tine makes it come out easier but it tastes as good as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment