Friday, July 8, 2011

Smoothie made simple and easy.

Long time and no writing in my blog. I've been off in Romania, where the food is really simple and pure. They have many great soups and lots of soft cheese, but best of all loads of fresh herbs and veg.

Back in Ireland the sun is shining today: the summer is here.
The reason this chef is not skinny is because the following recipe is what I have for breakfast but it can also double as a dessert.



           Ingredients

1             Banana         
200g       Raspberries (or any fruit or berry of your choice)
350g       Yoghurt Honey optional.

The big secret in my smoothies is that I freeze the fruit (which often is collected and stored during the summer, when there the berries are plentiful). I usually use a banana when making my smoothies as it gives body to the smoothie.

Preparation
Put yoghurt into pot big enough to blend the smoothie in.
Chop frozen fruit in small pieces (makes it easier to blend)
Add fuit to yoghurt and honey (if you have a sweet tooth or using as dessert) and blend till smooth.

I like a thick smothie that you need a spoon with: if you like less thickness then add more yougurt. This is easy and simple, and of course different types of yoghurt and fruit give diffent texture so go wild and buy that fruit going cheap because its needs to be used up, take it home and just freeze it and make a smoothie when you want a lovely treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment